Friday, January 28, 2011

Unconditional love

Sure. There are days when I can barely drag myself out of bed to face the day...but...it's when I do drag myself out of bed that I realize how truly blessed I am. Okay. So, Dalton used to talk. I miss his voice. But, he speaks in volumes despite being non-verbal. And, he has taught me more than he could have ever taught me since his diagnosis. I am patient where I used to be quick tempered. I am selfless where I used to be selfish. I am more forgiving instead of filled with hate. I am guided by my heart now, where I used to be guided by my head. He has taught me to wait, to listen and most importantly...to love with all of my heart. To risk it all and just love.
He depends on me, he trusts me and he needs me. But, not nearly as much as I need him.

*this whole writing in a blog thing is tougher than I thought...I will get the hang of it, I'm sure...until then...bare with me.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful post Amanda and so true...sometimes it's hard to see all of the blessings, but they are there and very numerous :)

    ReplyDelete